Website speed really matters. While you create a blog or website and maintain it, you just need to make sure that your website is blazing fast. If you don’t know how to check it, we are going to show you that how to use Pingdom tool for checking your website’s speed.
What Is the Pingdom Tool?
It is a free tool for checking your website speed and DNS health. You don’t even need a membership on their website! Most of us love faster loading websites. By using the Pingdom tool, you can find the exact website size, requests and load time.
How To Use Pingdom Tool?
First of all, go to Pingdom.
You need to enter your website domain there. This can be your website’s front page or any post’s URL.
From the test location, choose your preferred test location. Currently, there are 4 different locations available. We are going to choose the USA from the list.
After choosing the location, click on the start test. The server will start testing your website.
Below, you can see the test results.
That’s it! This is how you can use Pingdom tool.
How To Improve Speed
There are some tips to improve your website speed. If your website is loading slower, you may want to consider these tips.
- Using a caching plugin – DealWithBro is using wp-rocket caching plugin.
- CDN (Content Delivery Network) – Cloudflare is our favorite. It is free for life and will give free SSL for the lifetime.
- Optimizing images – We are using ShortPixel for compressing images.
- Gzip compression – A caching plugin will do it.
- A lightweight theme – Check out HappyThemes, StudioPress and CSSigniter. Here, we are using the Genesis Framework.
We hope you found this post interesting and enjoyed the read. If you did, please consider sharing this post with your friends and fellow bloggers on social media.
You can find more related posts from our blog section. For creating a child theme, you need to check out our tutorial on how to create WordPress child theme with a plugin.